Sahara Foundation: Technical Regenerator Program (STRP) 2021 for young Nigerians
- Host: Sahara Foundation
- Open to: Nigerians
- Target: Youths
- Deadline: 25th June, 2021
Sahara Foundations, Sahara Group’s corporate citizenship arm has issued a call for applications to the Sahara Technical Regenerator Program for adequately qualified secondary school leavers and OND holders in Edo, Lagos, and Rivers states (STRP).
About the Sahara Technical Regenerator Program
The Technical Regenerator Program is a collaborative effort between the Sahara Foundation, the Energy Training Center (ETC), and the Nigerian Renewable Energy Association (REAN).
The Technical Regenerator Program objective is to increase beneficiaries’ knowledge in two critical technical areas:
- Meter Installation – participants will develop competencies in the installation of single and three-phase meters in residential and small commercial premises.
- Solar PV Installation – participants will be trained as installers and maintenance technicians for Solar PV installations for residences or small commercial locations.
- Minimum of 3 O’level credits in Physics, Mathematics, and English or
- Related technical trade experience.
- The age limit is 40.
The STRP will hold for two (2) weeks:
Both programs will contribute to the Federal Government’s mission for youth development and poverty eradication, as well as Nigeria’s 30/30/30 electricity vision and Meters for All efforts.
While the Meter Installation Technician program will augment the resources required to effectively carry out the Federal Government’s mandate to Power Distribution Companies (DisCos) to provide meters to all consumers, the Solar PV Installation Technician program will train individuals who will be qualified to provide professional services in the installation and maintenance of residential solar photovoltaic systems.
Over 80% of the training and slots will be devoted to meter installation, with the remaining slots devoted to solar PV installation (for Lagos residents only).
These training sessions will be led by the Energy Training Centre (ETC), an innovative learning institute and provider of energy industry training in Africa. The training will be led by a team of professionals and energy sector specialists.
Sahara Foundation’s goal with this program is to establish a new cadre of technicians and employers of labor that will ultimately contribute to a reduction in Nigeria’s unemployment rate while increasing access to clean and reliable electricity.
- Online – Applications can be filled and submitted online through www.ujanahub.com.
- Offline – Application forms can be downloaded here or can be picked from any of Sahara office locations in
- A. Lagos – 7A Oluwa Road, Ikoyi
- B. Onne – Asharami Synergy Plc, Onne Depot, Federal Ocean Terminal (FOT), Onne Port Complex, Rivers State
- C. Benin – Richard Egharevba street off Dan Abbe road, limit road, Benin.
- Physical applications should be enveloped and addressed to the Manager, Sahara Foundation.
- Applications MUST be accompanied with proof of above-stated results, recent passport photograph, Birth Certificate, and any of the following: Voters’ card or National Identity Card
NOTE: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on or before July 2, 2021.
Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information visit the official website of the Sahara Technical Regenerator Program (STRP)