- Host: United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
- Open to: check eligibility Criteria
- Target: Graduates
- Deadline: 4th July, 2021
Applications for the newly launched UNDP Graduate Program are ongoing.
About the UNDP Graduate Program
The UNDP Graduate Program is a two-year program designed to equip exceptional young graduates with the skills and experience necessary to launch a career in international development, accelerate progress toward the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), build better futures, and make a positive difference in the world!
- Do you have a relevant Master’s degree with not more than one year of relevant work experience acquired after this degree, or a relevant Bachelor’s degree with between 2 and 3 years of relevant work experience acquired after this degree?
- Are you ready to contribute to sustainable development and the eradication of poverty?
- Are you ready to live and work in another country than your home country for two years?
- Are you a national of a country in which UNDP works to promote the Sustainable Development Goals
- Do you have experience in one or more of the following: sustainable development, gender, youth empowerment, data analysis, project management, monitoring and evaluation, partnerships, innovation and creative design, finance, or procurement?
If you answered yes to all the above questions, we encourage you to apply to the UNDP Graduate Program.
Assignment: the Graduate Program offers a unique opportunity to contribute to UNDP’s mandate. Assignments are in areas related to the Sustainable Development Goals, with a focus on two streams:
- Programme and Policy: In this stream, you will contribute to UNDP’s programmes and project activities…
- Corporate Operations: In this stream, you will contribute to management services that support effective implementation of UNDP programmes, or work in the area of organizational policies, processes, and oversight.
- Successful applicants will be assigned to one or more locations around the world, including Bangladesh (Dhaka); Denmark (Copenhagen), Laos (Vientiane), Maldives (Male), Mongolia (Ulaan Baator), Papua New Guinea (Port Moresby), Samoa (Apia), Thailand (Bangkok), Timor-Leste (Dili), Turkey (Istanbul), United States (New York)
The UNDP Graduate Program is looking for candidates who are available to join UNDP from October 2021 onwards and who meet the following requirements:
- You must be a national of one of the countries where UNDP works to support the Sustainable Development Goals. Nationals from the countries listed below are particularly encouraged to apply: Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Botswana, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Chad, Central African Republic, Comoros, Cook Islands, Congo (Rep. of), Djibouti, Eswatini, Equatorial Guinea, Fiji, Gabon, Guinea Bissau, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, Montenegro, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Republic of Palau, Samoa, Sao Tome & Principe, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tokelau, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Yemen.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (with not more than 1 year of relevant work experience acquired after this degree).
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (with a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience and not more than 3 years acquired after this degree).
- One of your degrees (Master’s or Bachelor’s degree) should be from one of the countries where UNDP works to promote the Sustainable Development Goals.
- We encourage applications from a wide range of relevant degree courses
- You must be able to demonstrate that you are able to work effectively in English in a professional context, for some positions, working knowledge of French, Arabic or Spanish may be a strong asset.
- To be eligible for the program and policy stream, you will likely have graduated in one or more of the following areas: political science, public administration, international relations, development studies, economics, statistics, data management, environmental science, or a related field.
- For the corporate operations stream, you will likely have graduated in one or more of the following areas: business or public administration, finance, law, procurement or supply chain management, economics, data management, or a related field.
- Experience: The UNDP Graduate program is looking for engaged young individuals who match UNDP’s values:
- Mutual Respect
- Results Orientation (Through Principled Performance)
You may also have worked to make an impact at the community, provincial or national level (including in civil society, government, NGOs, IGOs, or individually).
- Competencies and Skills:
- Lending your time and skills toward building a more prosperous, fair and inclusive world for people in need around the world.
- Choosing a community of collaboration and mutual care, of people working together with a shared sense of purpose.
- Joining a mission that demands and encourages innovative thinking and provides space for creative input.
- Joining a community that aims to elevate and empower every employee to grow not only professionally but also personally.
For these reasons, you must demonstrate a drive to effect positive change, strong innovative thinking, learning agility, resilience, and the ability to collaborate with people from diverse backgrounds.
A one-year international professional entry-level contract (renewable for a second year on demonstrating good performance).
- A competitive salary.
- Ticket for travel between your location and the duty station.
- Paid annual leave.
- Paid sick leave.
- Health and disability insurance.
- Personal Growth: the UNDP graduate program offers participants a customized learning journey. This provides an opportunity to enhance your knowledge, stretch your capabilities and give you real-world experience alongside some of the brightest minds in the development world.
- As a pathway into the world of development, the program offers talented graduates excellent exposure to multilateral cooperation and sustainable development, while providing a valuable entry point into UNDP and the wider UN system.
Applicants Interested in the UNDP Graduate Program can click the button below to apply:
- If your application meets the requirements set out in this vacancy announcement and is judged to be among the best, you will be invited to take online tests aimed at assessing the above competencies. The tests can be taken using a computer or a mobile device.
- If you are successful in the assessment, you will be invited to the final selection stage, which consists of a virtual assessment centre. Details of the assessments will be provided to those who are invited to take part.
For more information visit the official website of the UNDP Graduate Program