Submit now: 2021 International ID Day design competition for African Digital Artists [prize $3000 USD]
- Host: ID Day
- Open to: Africans
- Target: See eligibilty criteria
- Deadline: 16th July, 2021
ID4Africa is inviting creatives to submit entries for the 2021 International ID Day Design Competition For African Digital Artists.
About the International Identity Day Design Competition
The International ID Day Design Competition aims to promote awareness about the significance of ID Day, which is observed on September 16, and the cause of universal identity.
The objective of the design competition is to raise awareness of ID Day by creating an image that inspires and encourages the global community to rally around this critical cause. As digital artists, this is your chance to use your creativity to increase awareness of identity as a critical enabler of inclusive socio-economic growth in all nations, but particularly in Africa.
- The ID Day Design Competition is open exclusively to African digital artists, designers, illustrators, photographers, professional or amateur, residing in Africa
- Proof of identity, nationality and address will be requested before the award is issued.
- Minors (children under 18) are eligible but must submit a Consent Form from a parent or legal guardian to qualify. Download Consent Form.
Designs will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Expression showing an understanding of identity in the context of national development
- Whether the message and theme are clearly and easily understood
- Whether the art and message will prompt curiosity and discussion
- Artistic excellence, originality, and creativity
The winning design will become the official theme design for ID-Day 2021 which will be made accessible on our website for re-use by the international community to commemorate the occasion.
The winner will receive a cash prize of US$3000.
- Participants of the ID Day Design Competition allowed to submit up to 3 designs.
- Files should be named as follows: Firstname_Lastname_Country_01/02_IDDay
- Entries must include a brief written “Artist Statement” (200 words maximum) explaining your inspiration and creative process in the context of Identity and Identity Day.
- High-quality images are required. Poor representation such as low resolution, blurred images etc., will reduce your chances of being selected.
- Designs should be submitted together in one application and not as separate entry forms. In the case of repeat entries, only the final entry will be accepted and retained.
Also read: GDN Video Contest for Young Researchers 2021
The design should follow the specifications listed below:
- Horizontal: 2800 (w) x 1568 (h) pixels, 300 dpi in JPG, TIFF, PDF or EPS format. The winning design will be used primarily on social media and on several websites. If being printed, A3 or A5 specs will be used. Please consider these formats when creating your design.
- Your digital file must be higher than 1MB and less than 4MB in size.
- Cheerful and highly visible colors are suggested.
- Designs produced using the following techniques are eligible: Graphic design • illustration • photography • painting • typography • animation • mixed media.
- However, please note all entries must be finalized in a digital format.
With the intention of promoting Identity Day, the design should include the following:
- The Identity Day logo (download here)
- Title: Happy International Identity Day 2021
- Date: 16 September (specifically using this format)
NOTE: Submissions must be made online by the latest July 16, 2021 at 11:59 PST
For more information visit the official website of International ID Day Design Competition