Applications for the 2021 University Of Malaysia Student Financial Aid Scheme for domestic and international students are ongoing.
About the University Of Malaysia Student Financial Aid Scheme
The University of Malaysia is concerned with the welfare of students and assists them in securing scholarships, financial aid, and loans to enable them to continue their studies despite economic constraints. Successful applicants will get a stipend and a fee remission of up to 100%. (for selected fees).
As such, the University of Malaysia Student Financial Aid Scheme is available to Masters and doctoral students for a full-time degree program at the University.
In order to gain consideration for the Malaysia Student Financial Aid Scheme, applicants must the requirements below:
- The award is available for both domestic and international students.
- This scheme is open to local and international postgraduate candidates enrolled in Masters (full research) or Doctorate programme at Universiti Malaya (UM).
- Applicants must have been offered as a Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) by UM for a period of at least four (4) months for the applied semester (to apply for GRA, go to https://ra-recruitment.um.edu.my/)
- Applicants must not be sponsored by any federal/state/statutory body or any other organisation.
- Applicants must be free from any debt / outstanding fees with UM.
- Applicants must be within the Graduate on Time (GOT) period of candidature at the time of application, i.e.: For Masters programmes – 5th semester and below, For Doctorate programmes – 7th semester and below.
The Malaysia Student Financial Aid Scheme provides successful applicants with:
- Up to 100% fee waiver and
- Living allowance
Interested applicants who wish to apply can click on the button below:
- Applicants are required to upload their previous and latest Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) offer letter in the online application system. The GRA offer letter must have been issued by the Institute of Research Management & Services (IPPP), Universiti Malaya.
- Incomplete applications will automatically be rejected.
For more information visit the official website of Malaysia Student Financial Aid Scheme