- Host: Yenching Academy of Peking University
- Open to: All nationals
- Target: Graduates
- Deadline: 20th July 2021
Applications for the 2021 Yenching Academy Scholarship of Peking University for International Students are ongoing.
About the Yenching Academy Scholarship
The Yenching Academy of Peking University aims to build bridges between China and the rest of the world through an interdisciplinary master’s program in China Studies. This program brings together young people who have shown leadership and innovative potential. They are immersed in an intensive learning environment at Yenching, where they can study China’s past, present, and future roles in the globe. The Academy’s mission is to instill a nuanced awareness of China in future generations of global citizens.
Yenching Scholars choose courses from six research areas to establish their own study pathways. They take part in a variety of extracurricular activities and field studies that the Yenching Academy organizes and designs. Studying at the Academy provides an unparalleled chance for personal and professional development through intercultural contacts and multidisciplinary study.
In order to be eligible for the Yenching Academy Scholarship of Peking University you must meet the requirements stated below:
- The award is available for both domestic and international students.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field or currently enrolled in a degree program awarded no later than August 31, 2022;
- An outstanding academic record;
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China;
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, social responsibility, and leadership potential;
- English proficiency.
The Yenching Academy Scholarship provides the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Round trip airfare to Beijing
- Accommodation, and
- Living costs on the Peking University campus.
Applicants interested in the Yenching Academy scholarship can click the button below to apply:
NOTE: Each applicant will create an account on the Yenching Academy admissions portal and submit the following materials in English:
- Completed online application form;
- Personal statement (750 words or less);
- Statement of Research Interest (maximum 1500 words, excluding citations);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Official transcript(s);
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrollment;
- Two academic letters of recommendation;
- English requirements and minimum scores: IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0, TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100, Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185, CET 6: Overall 600, TEM 4: Pass level of “良好” or above.
For more information visit the official website of Yenching Academy Scholarship of Peking University