Applications for 2021/2022 MTN Foundation Scholarships for Nigerian Undergraduates are now ongoing.
About the MTN Foundation Scholarship
The MTN Scholarship Scheme is an annual scholarship program designed to recognize and reward qualified, high-achieving students. MTN Science and Technology Scholarship Scheme (MTN STSS) and MTN Scholarship Scheme for Blind Students make up the scheme (MTN SSBS). Both Scholarships under the Youth Empowerment Cause, are currently in their 9th and 7th phase respectively.
The MTN Foundation Scholarship Program seeks high-achieving full-time students from Nigeria’s public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education).
The scholarship aims to recognize and reward academic brilliance by providing financial assistance to students who would otherwise be unable to pay for their further education.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full-time undergraduates in 300 level/3rd years.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
- Direct entry-level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 300 level/3rd years in a public University.
The MTN Foundation Scholarships are available for full-time students in their 300 level. Only applications from students studying any of the following courses will be considered:
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/ Computational Modeling
- Pure/ Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
- Over 500 MTN Scholars are selected each year to receive this N200,000 scholarship. This will cover tuition fees, accommodation, and book allowance. it is renewable provided the scholar maintains a CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent.
- You’re Also enrolled in the MTN Foundation Alumni, where Scholars are close to getting a job from MTN and continuing their careers in the desired field chosen by MTN.
Interested candidates who wish to apply can click the button below:
NOTE: The MTN Foundation Scholarship applicants will be verified and the selected applicants will be invited for an assessment test. Applicants are expected to come along with two recent passport photos, as well as the original and photocopy of the documents listed below:
- The valid Student ID card
- Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
- Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study
- Admission letter for the HND programs (For Polytechnic students only)
For more information visit the official website of MTN Foundation Scholarships