Applications for the PTDF Scholarships for Nigerian Undergraduates and Postgraduates in Federal Universities 2021/2022 are ongoing. The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is a federal government body tasked with creating indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to suit the needs of Nigeria’s oil and gas sector.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for the PTDF Scholarship 2021/22 for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students in Nigerian Federal Universities:
- Undergraduate applicants must have completed their first year and are currently in their second year of studies.
- Must possess a National Identity Number (NIN) and will be required to verify their NIN via the portal before proceeding with the application.
- Applicants must be students of Federal Universities and for specific courses
- Must possess a valid admission letter into the University.
- Postgraduate applicants who meet the requirements shall be shortlisted for interviews before the final selection of successful candidates.
Interested applicants are to note the following:
- A selection panel will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria.
- Academic merit as evidenced by quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired and relevant publications to be referenced by applicants.
- Membership of professional bodies.
- The viability of the study/research plan (PhD applicants only)
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate (MSC) applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose stating the reason(s) they wish to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the industry and its expected impact on national development.
- While PhD applicants are required to submit a research proposal of not more than 6 pages to include topic, introduction, literature review, research question(s), novelty, methodology, mode of data collection(s), expected outcome(s), relevance to the industry and appropriate references.
- Only undergraduate applicants undertaking studies in oil and gas related fields (as advertised) will be considered and the final selection shall be based on grades on their transcripts (transcripts must be signed and stamped by HOD/Exams Officer or any authorized staff).
PTDF Scholarship Application Procedure
Interested candidates for the PTDF Scholarship for Undergraduates and Postgraduates in Nigerian Federal Universities can click the button below:
NOTE: Applications after 13th August 2021 will not be considered.
For more information visit the official website of the PTDF Scholarship