Applications for the 2021 Nigeria LNG Scholarship for Postgraduate Study in the UK are now ongoing.
About the Postgraduate LNG Scholarship
The Nigeria LNG scholarship for Postgraduates aims at growing a pool of high-potential Nigerian graduates and professionals with a competitive advantage.
This scheme began in October 2012, with 15 beneficiaries being accepted each year to study at top UK universities. The scholarship is worth USD67,500 per awardee for each year of study. However, depending on the degree of study, the actual spend per awardee ranges from USD45,000 to USD67,500.
Environmental Studies, Engineering, Management, Accountancy, Economics, Information Technology, Geology, Banking, Law, and Medicine are among the subjects covered under the plan.
Applicants for the Nigeria LNG Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Possess provisional admission from any of the underlisted UK institutions to study any of the following disciplines: Renewable Energy, Engineering, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, Information Technology, Law and Medicine. The UK institutions are University of Aberdeen and University of Cranfield.
- Have minimum of second class (upper division) in relevant field of study.
- Have completed NYSC programme.
- Minimum of 8.0 IELTS score (with not less than 7.0 in all elements)
- Not be more than 30 years of age at the time of application.
- Be resident in Nigeria and plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study.
- Provide letter of identification from respective Local Government Councils.
- Possess international passport valid for travel, at least one year from September 2021.
- Able to obtain UK Tier-4 students visa upon being successful.
- Provide evidence of availability to travel in September 2021 if selected.
- Not be a spouse, child, ward, or direct relation of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited.
- The scholarship is worth USD67,500 per awardee for each year of study. However, depending on the degree of study, the actual spend per awardee ranges from USD45,000 to USD67,500.
Those interested in applying for the Nigeria LNG Scholarship 2021 should go to the official website. Select “Education” from the drop-down menu on the “Social Performance” option. Then, in the “Related Links” section of the page, click on the “Post-Graduate Scholarship” application link to go to the application portal.
To create a profile and begin the application process, click “Register Here.” The following documents must be scanned and uploaded with all applications:
- International passport bio-data page
- First degree certificate
- NYSC discharge certificate
- Provisional admission letter from the indicated UK institutions above.
- IELTS result
- Local Government Area letter of Identification
- Employer consent letter (where applicable)
For more information visit the official website of the Nigeria LNG Postgraduate Scholarship