- Host: ACTG (African Center for Translational Genomics)
- Open to: Africans
- Target: Scientist
- Deadline: 15th August 2021
Applications for the 2021/2022 ACTG Academic Scholarship for African Scientists are ongoing.
About the ACTG Academic Scholarship for African Scientists
The ACTG Academic scholarship offer is competitive based on prevailing rates in both public and private universities in Africa.
The ACTG Academic scholarship intends to boost Africa’s global competitiveness in genomics research and development by reaching out to and aiding young scientists as early in their careers as feasible.
Applicants for the ACTG Academic Scholarship must ensure to meet the following requirements:
- Open to African graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results.
- It is for students enrolled in full-time PhD programs and who are committed to the completion of their program within the three or four year period of their study as defined by their academic institutions.
- Applicants must be admitted to study molecular genetics or genetic epidemiology or related fields.
ACTG Academic Scholarship offers $4,000 is available per scholar per year for up to 4 years. Scholarship awards may be applied towards tuition, housing, study-related travels as well as other study-related activities.
- The ACTG Academic scholarship applicants must provide a statement of interest from the applicant indicating academic qualifications, research interests, his/her suitability to work with the NCD-GHS, and career goals (one paragraph for each criterion). Additional information on past research projects, on-campus or off-campus activities, and accomplishments that would aid the Committee in reaching its decision can also be included (max. 2 pages).
- CV of the applicant
- Research proposal summary in either genetic epidemiology or molecular genetics of any of the NCDs highlighted above (max. 4 pages).
- Letter of support from the department chair or faculty supervisor of the applicant stating the student’s academic qualifications and accomplishments, career goals, and reasons for selecting the candidate (max. 2 pages).
For more information visit the official website of ACTG Academic Scholarship