- Host: U.S. Government and IREX
- Open to: Africans
- Target: Youths
- Deadline: 1st September 2021
The Mandela Washington Fellowship 2021/2022 has been announced by the US Department of State and IREX for academic, professional, and regional specialists to examine and assess the 2022 applications.
About the Mandela Washington Fellowship
The Fellowship is the centerpiece of the Obama Administration’s Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI). Around the years, the fellowship has sent young leaders
from all over Sub-Saharan Africa to the United States for academic and leadership training.
Interested applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Mandela Washington Fellowship:
- Applicants must be academics and/or professionals with expertise in one or more of the Fellowship’s thematic areas (business, civic engagement, or public management).
- Must possess experience in Africa, or experience working on Sub-Saharan African issues.
- Applicants who are U.S. Government employees and Fellowship Alumni are eligible to apply.
- Must demonstrate excellent academic and leadership abilities.
Interested applicants who wish to apply can click the button below:
Applicants with any questions are to contact the Fellowship Team at MWFReaders@irex.org.
For more information visit the official website of the Mandela Washington Fellowship