Applications for the 2022-2023 Imperial College London President PhD Scholarships are now ongoing.
About the President’s PhD Scholarships
The President PhD Scholarships provides up to 50 research students the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
You may be selected to receive full tuition costs and a good stipend for a PhD place at Imperial College London if you are a high-achieving undergraduate or Master’s student with a strong ambition to pursue a PhD program at a world-class research institution.
- The Imperial College London President PhD Scholarships is seeking applications from talented candidates worldwide. There are no restrictions on nationality
- Candidates must be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive a first class UK degree or equivalent.
- Candidates with a standalone Master’s qualification must have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to have been achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction. They must also hold a first class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent (integrated Masters that form part of an undergraduate degree, e.g. MEng, MSci, M.Math, are assessed by Admissions as an undergraduate qualification when determining eligibility). Candidates with multiple standalone Master’s qualifications must have achieved a distinction in the one most relevant to their PhD study.
- Candidates with degrees from overseas institutions are strongly urged to determine if their scores/grades are equivalent to the relevant eligibility criteria.
- Prior to applying candidates must have made contact with a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London who has agreed to supervise their research project.
- Current registered Imperial PhD students are not eligible to be considered for a President PhD Scholarship.
Candidates will be assessed and selected upon meeting the following criteria:
- Academic excellence – as demonstrated by past academic results and by transcripts, awards and distinctions. Candidates must be able to demonstrate that they are among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive a first class UK degree or equivalent. Candidates with Master’s qualifications should have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to be achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction. They should also hold a first class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent. Previous successful recipients of the scholarship have often achieved grades of 85% or higher in their degree(s).
- Research Potential – as demonstrated by the candidate’s research experience to date, his/her interest in discovery, the research plan and its potential contribution as described in their personal statement and in the departmental justification.
- Suitability of candidate – as demonstrated by the strength of references, support from the proposed supervisor, and performance at interview.
Successful candidates for the Imperial College London President PhD Scholarship will receive the following financial support for up to 3.5 years:
- Full funding for tuition fees
- A stipend of £21,800 per annum to assist with living costs
- A consumables fund of £2,000 per annum for the first 3 years of study
- A program of bespoke opportunities and events delivered by the Graduate School
Recommended: HOW TO ACE A SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY
Interested candidates who wish to apply for the Applications for the 2022-2023 Imperial College London President PhD Scholarships can click the button below:
- When prompted for a personal statement you must ensure that it consists of approx. 1000 words (maximum 2 pages) and outlines your academic and research achievements to date, explaining in brief your planned research project.
- To be considered for the President PhD Scholarship scheme, applicants must select this option in the funding section of the additional questions tab within the online application form.
- You must also meet any additional application requirements stated by your department of choice.
Application Deadline: Open through the Year (Ongoing)
For more information visit the official website of Imperial College London President PhD Scholarships.