Applications for the 2021/2022 WAAW Foundation Scholarship for African Undergraduate students are ongoing.
About the WAAW Foundation Scholarship
The WAAW Foundation Scholarship for female African students admitted to an African university, college, or institute of higher learning awards annual scholarships to students who demonstrate financial need and demonstrate their status as full-time students enrolled in a STEM-related course at an African university.
Those who are interested are invited to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity.
Applicants for the WAAW Foundation Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Studying STEM-related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Proven leadership, volunteering and community service
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Only students in their first and second year are eligible to apply. And also students in their third year if studying a five-year course.
Applicants interested in the WAAW Foundation Scholarship should apply online before the application deadline.
Candidates must ensure the steps outlined below:
- The application form filled out completely.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational background and Family Information.
- Statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Essays are strong criteria in determining candidates who are shortlisted. Responses to essay questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education. Please have your essay responses ready before you begin the application.
- In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
- In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development or advancement in African economies.
- In 500 words or less, what is your proudest achievement to date
- Describe in ten or less sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from the WAAW scholarship will assist your education and/or career plans.
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendation letters and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED at the time of application. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted. However, you must provide the names of 2 references in your application.
For more information visit the official website of WAAW Foundation Scholarship