- Host: Beit Trust
- Open to: Africans (Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi)
- Target: Graduates
- Deadline: 11th February 2022
Applications for the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships for African Students 2022/23 Academic session are now ongoing.
About the Beit Trust Scholarships
The Beit Trust is a partnership between six UK universities and three South African universities to support those who want to study for a degree. The universities’ collaboration helps to spread costs, increasing the number of scholarships that the Beit Trust can finance.
Applicants for the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships must ensure to meet up the following requirements:
- Applicants must be students from Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi who are resident in and also intend to return to those countries on completion of studies.
- Applicants are to apply for a one-year taught master’s programme in UK university and two-year taught master’s programme in South African university.
- Applicants (except medical and veterinary doctors) must be under 30 years of age on 31 December 2021.
- Doctors and Vets must be under 35 years of age on 31 December 2021.
- Fees, tuition costs and related academic expenses.
- A personal allowance, index-linked in accordance from an independent authority, covering maintenance support.
- Other allowances are paid for arrival, a laptop and departure.
- Economy class tickets to the place of study and on final return.
- Trust will also address any expenses that may arise in 2022/23 as a result of residual Covid protocols
Interested candidates who wish to apply for the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarship 2022/23 should follow the steps outlined below:
- Apply to any of the partner university in the UK and South Africa and be offered admission to study a postgraduate course.
- Notify the partner university that he/she will be approaching the Beit Trust for scholarship funding and should also indicate the work experience.
- Notify the Trust once application has been submitted to the partner university and also tell the trust which course is being applied for.
- Confirm their nationality to the Trust; Zambians are to send their application form for confirmation to email@example.com
- Applicants from Zimbabwe and Malawi are to send theirs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications, with all the supporting documents are to be uploaded online via the scholarship application link before the application deadline.
- A signed Medical Certificate Form from your doctor. This will need to be completed before you begin the application process below. Please download the form here: Medical Certificate Form
- A copy of your offer letterfrom a UK Partner University/s; or a PDF document detailing the university/s and course/s you will apply to at South African Partner University/s.
- Degree results.
- Curriculum Vitae
- A personal statement(no longer than 500 words) to explain in your own words how you think a postgraduate degree will benefit your country and its development.
- A clear recent photograph of yourself: not a passport photo, but something that shows you to your best advantage.
- A clear copy of your valid passport, showing date of issue and expiry.
For more information visit the official website of Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships