- Host: United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) and MasterCard Foundation
- Open to: Africans
- Target: Undergraduates
- Deadline: 1st October 2021
Applications for the 2022 USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholarship are now open.
About the USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
The initiative will offer academically talented youths from Africa facing financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints an opportunity to access world-class university education.
In order to be considered for the USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be women not exceeding 29 years old in the following categories: Young women; Refugees and displaced youth; Youth with disabilities.
- Scholars must demonstrate academic talent and have personal motivation to complete their education.
- Must be committed to giving back to their communities through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities
- Exhibit leadership potential and committed to becoming change makers, role models and mentors who embrace ethical leadership.
- Be interested in and meet USIU-Africa’s admissions criteria and academic qualifications to undertake any of the approved undergraduate degree programs.
- Science and Technology
- Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts
- Business Administration
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Tuition and functional fees;
- Laptops, books, and other learning materials;
- Reasonable accommodation and meals;
- Medical insurance;
- Transport to and from home;
- Access to leadership training;
- Access to entrepreneurial training;
- Psycho-social support, career counseling, and mentorship.
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for
Candidates interested in applying for the USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2022 should follow the steps below:
- Download the application forms from Here or pick the forms from the Admissions Office, located in the Main Administration building at USIU-Africa at no cost.
- Submit completed application forms by email as an attachment, ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all the required documents are legible and send to email@example.com or drop your application at Admissions Office, located in the Main Administration building at USIU- Africa, or post your application to:
Program Director, Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, USIU-Africa, P.O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi
For more information visit the official website of the USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholarship