Applications for the 2021/2022 African Union (AU) African Youth Ambassadors For Peace Program (AYAP) are currently open.
About the African Youth Ambassadors For Peace Program
The African Youth Ambassadors For Peace Program will promote advocacy of youth participation in peace and security problems at the regional and continental levels, working under the direct supervision of the African Union Commission’s PAPS leadership.
AYAPs must also advocate for the promotion of young people’s rights in their region, as well as urge and help the AU Member States in the region with the coordination of the Y4P program to improve the formulation and implementation of National Action Plans in their region.
The African Youth Ambassadors for Peace Program is seeking candidates who meet up the following requirements:
- Be an African youth with demonstrated commitment and significant contribution to the promotion of sustainable peace and security.
- Be between the ages of 15 and 35 in tandem with the AU Youth age.
- Possess university degree in international relations, peace and conflict, political science, law and related areas; a master’s degree would be an advantage; or, have at least 2 year’s experience in peace and security with demonstrated ability for advocacy on youth, peace and security issues as well as resource mobilization.
- Have experience in promoting and supporting peace processes.
- Have strong track record with the local community/area where he/she works.
- Possess strong communication and advocacy skills.
- English, French, Arabic, Portuguese are the working languages of the AU. Fluency in any AU working language is required; knowledge of another AU language would be an asset.
Interested candidates who wish to apply for the African Youth Ambassadors Program should click the button below:
For more information visit the official website of the African Youth Ambassadors Program