Applications for the fully funded Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program At McGill, Canada for sub-Saharan Africans are now open. The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program provides participants with the opportunity to enroll in a fully financed Master’s program at a partner university, as well as internship opportunities in their home countries.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program aims to establish a globally educated and highly qualified group of future leaders who will return to Africa after graduation to aid in the region’s development.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program At McGill Eligibility Criteria
Although there are no formal requirements for this program, applicants for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill should be aware of the following:
- Scholarships are for scholars from the sub-Saharan Africa
- Prospective applicants can find the full list of MCF eligible programs here.
- Applicants should have completed their first degree progam prior to applying to Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill
- Selection will be by nomination based on departmental admission proceedings.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Components
The scholarship, aside from covering full sponsorship, comprises the following components
- Leadership Development
- Peer Mentorship
- Faculty Mentorship and
Interested candidates who wish to apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill must apply for a course at McGill University to pursue a Masters (Non-thesis) program. Nominations and selections are thereafter made from candidates department applied to study.
- Select Eligible Course of Study
- Verify that they are eligible to apply.
- If the minimum requirements are met, the applicant may request nomination from the department via email.
This request should have the following information enclosed:
- University Transcript
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Short Personal Statement (max. 350 words).
If an applicant has been nominated, they will be prompted to create an account on the uApply portal and share the username with the nominating department.
For more information visit the official website of Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program At McGill