- Host: International Research Development Centre (IDRC)
- Open to: See countries here
- Target: Graduates
- Deadline: Ongoing
Application for the 2022 Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships is currently open.
About the Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships
The Diamond Jubilee Scholarships Program was created to enhance global talent exchange between Canada and other nations. The call is to support the Advanced Scholars West Africa phase of the Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships (QES) program which will provide funding to Canadian Universities to support projects in West Africa.
Projects will support doctoral researchers, post-doctoral researchers, and early career researchers from Canada and West Africa.
Applicants for the Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships are required to meet up with the criteria set below
- Canadian universities which have recognized provincial degree granting powers, or their affiliates, may submit proposal to QES-AS West Africa. Universities may partner with one or more other Canadian university(ies) for a joint proposal, however, may only be the lead applicant in one submission to the program.
- Projects must include a partnership between one or more Canadian universities, one or more institutions in one or more eligible West African countries and one or more non-academic research placement partner(s). The non-academic research placement partner(s) may be in either Canada or an eligible West African country.
- Outgoing scholars must be Canadian citizens conducting their research in an eligible West African country.
- Incoming scholars must be citizens of one of the eligible West African countries conducting research in Canada. Candidates with dual nationality with Canada are note eligible
- Course Eligibility:
Climate resilience and sustainable food systems, Education and innovations, Ethics in development research, Health Equity, Inclusive governance, Sustainable inclusive growth.
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo.
Project proposals must be submitted online in English or French via the QES portal at https://portal.scholarshippartners.ca/welcome/qes_en/ Users will be required to register an account and complete their profile before being able to access the application forms. To be considered for the Application for the 2022 Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships, the following steps must be completed before the deadline:
- Fill out the online application form;
- Fill out and upload the indication of university support form, signed by a senior administrator
- Fill out and upload a completed budget form.
- Upload the letter(s) of support from the non-academic research placement partner(s) (if applicable)
- Submit the application.
For more information visit the official website of Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships