- Host: UBA
- Open to: Nigerians
- Deadline: 29th October 2021
Applications for the UBA National Essay Competition 2021 for secondary students in Nigeria are currently ongoing.
About the UBA National Essay Competition
The essay competition is part of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Foundation’s education initiative to promote the reading culture and encourage healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria.
The UBA National Essay Competition will award N3 million to the first prize winner in the form of an educational grant while the second and third prize winners will be award N2.5 and N2 million respectively in educational grants to any African University of their choice.
To be eligible for the UBA National Essay Competition 2021, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a secondary school student.
- Must submit a handwritten essay on the topic “What is the role of technology in educating the African youth” (750 words maximum).
- Must submit a passport photograph.
- Must submit a copy of a birth certificate, National ID or passport.
Interested applicants for the UBA National Essay Competition 2021 are to submit their completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of School, Telephone Number, Residential Address, and Email Address).
Applicants are to apply online and attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
- Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities, who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessment.
- Following this, a second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second supervised essay from which three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists emerged from the first round of the competition.
For more information visit the official website of UBA National Essay Competition