Applications for the 2022/23 UNU-MERIT Postgraduate Scholarship will begin in October 2021
About the UNU-MERIT Postgraduate Scholarship
The UNU-MERIT Postgraduate Scholarship aims highly at intelligent students wishing to study in their university.
The United Nations University is comprised of the Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (UNU-MERIT) and its School of Governance at Maastricht University (UM). This scholarship is put up through the collaborative efforts of these institutes.
The UNU-MERIT Postgraduate Scholarship eligibility conditions shall be taken to account for candidates selection. Interested candidates are expected to possess the following:
- A Master’s degree from a relevant academic field, including:
– economics, international relations, political science, law, social sciences, business administration, health sciences or public health
- Basic knowledge of mathematics and statistics, which is measured by reviewing the content and level of previous studies and/or working experience
- Basic knowledge of economics, social sciences, political science and/or law, which is measured by reviewing the content and level of previous studies and/or working experience
- Proficiency in English, with a minimum level of 600 PBT / 240 CBT / 100 IBT for the TOEFL or 7.0 for the IELTS (native speakers of English and students who received their Bachelor’s or Master’s education in English are exempt). Maastricht University’s TOEFL code is 7102.
- All applications for the United Nations University Postgraduate Scholarship are done online through the link provided.
- Application Documents: The following will or may be required during application;
- Certified copies of your certificates and grades and an explanation of the grading system
- Proof of English proficiency
- A motivation letter of 400 – 500 words
- Three letters of recommendation (in English only) by current or former professors or employers
- One-page essay indicating the topic of research interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of your passport
- Passport size photo
- Full information about your present study and/or job
For more information visit the official website of UNU-MERIT Postgraduate Scholarship