call for entries: new Media writing prize (NMWP) 2021
- Host: Bournemouth University
- Open to: All nationals
- Target: Youths
- Deadline: 26th November 2021
The 2021 New Media Writing Prize is now accepting entries from students, professionals, artists, writers, developers, designers, and enthusiasts around the world.
About the New Media Writing Prize
The New Media Writing Prize (NMWP) showcases exciting and inventive stories and poetry that integrate a variety of formats, platforms, and digital media.
This international event is now in its 12th year. The NMWP encourages and promotes the best in new media writing and is leading the way toward the future of the ‘written word and storytelling. The NMWP has attracted entries from the very best and most innovative writers in the field, from all around the world.
- The New Media Writing Prize is opened to all students, professionals, artists, writers, developers, designers, and enthusiasts.
- It’s also an international competition, open to all outside the UK.
- Entries do need to be in English
- if:book UK New Media Writing Prize: £1000 donated by if:book UK.
- The Writing Magazine Student Award: Winner’s choice of one year’s free subscription to Writing Magazine; or a free creative writing course, tailored to the winner’s needs.
- The FIPP Digital Journalism Award: £500, plus a year’s membership with FIPP.
- The Opening Up Award: £500. The winner will be chosen through public voting.
Entries for the New Media Prize should contain the following information within the text of the entry form:
- Title of the work; clear access details, including, eg, URL, download instructions, app access code if required (if an access code is needed for an app, they require 6 free codes, for the judges)
- Entrant’s contact details: name, email address, telephone number and postal address. For joint entries, all entrants’ contact details must be provided with identification of the main entrant for contact purposes;
- Entrant’s short autobiography (50-100 words). For joint entries, all entrants must provide their autobiographies.
- Entrants who wish to submit as students must provide a proof of identity which should be copied into the entry form in the short biography section, e.g. a scan copy of entrant’s Student Union ID card or university enrolment number, which will be authenticated at the organiser’s discretion.
- Innovative use of new (digital) media/transmedia to create an engaging, satisfying fictional or non-fictional narrative, poem, or other story form.
- Ease of accessibility for the reader/viewer.
- Effective use of interactive elements.
- A great example of how new media can do things traditional media can’t.
- The potential to reach out to a wide audience (i.e. not just specialist interest groups).
NOTE: entries must be received by Friday, November 26, 2021, at 12 noon UK time except for Writing Magazine Student award entries, by Friday, December 17, 2021, at 12 noon UK time.
For more information visit the official website of the New Media Writing Prize (NMWP)