The UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship Program 2022/2023
- Host: Maastricht University Scholarship Fund/ Holland Scholarship
- Open to: All nationals (non EU/EEA)
- Target: Graduates
- Deadline: 1st February 2022
Applications are ongoing for the UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship Program 2022/23 academic session.
About the UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship Program
The Scholarship program consists of both the High Potential Scholarship (funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund), and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences.
The UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship is for candidates who meet the criteria below:
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2022-2023 academic year. List of the UM master’s programs participating in this scholarship program.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s program to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programs in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2022.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2022-2023 scholarship program applicants.
The UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship will provide the following benefits to all successful applicants:
|Living expenses||€ 11,400* (12 months) or € 22,800* (24 months)||Paid to students by the UM International Services Desk|
|Health & liability insurance||€ 700*||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Visa application costs||€ 174*||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Tuition fees||€ 13,800*; € 15,500* or € 16,800* depending on the tuition of your study program||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Pre-Academic Training costs||At cost||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
To apply for the UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship, follow the steps below;
- Step 1: Register for one of the participating Master’s programs at Maastricht University. For further details on how to register for a Master’s programme at UM, please see your prospective program’s webpage. Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number for Maastricht University. You will need a student number in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form (see Step 2 below).
- Step 2: Please fill in the application forms (available on the official page) and upload the following required documents:
- Curriculum vitae.
- Letter of motivation.
- Proof of academic excellence.
- The contact details of one referee.
- Step 3: You will have to contact the referee you provided in your application form and ask them to submit their reference letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before deadline
For more information visit the official website of UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship