The 2022 CyberGirls Fellowship for Young African Women
Applications for the 2022 CyberGirls Fellowship are open.
About the CyberGirls Fellowship
The fellowship is a one-year program that equips girls with globally sought-after cybersecurity skills, helping them to seize work opportunities within Africa and across the world.
The Cybergirls fellowship aims at combating poverty, cybercrime, cybersecurity skills shortage, unemployment, and gender disparity in the tech industry (particularly cybersecurity niche).
During the CyberGirls Fellowship, the beneficiaries will be exposed to computing and cybersecurity fundamentals, career paths in cybersecurity, and upon choosing a desired career path, will be taken through an appropriate learning path to get hands-on skills, mentorship, become certification-ready, get paid internship/job shadowing opportunities and if old enough secure entry-level job placement.
The learning journey has been designed, to begin with, digital literacy and systematic progress from basic cybersecurity concepts to more specialized niche cybersecurity learning. Midway through the fellowship, beneficiaries will choose and focus on one of the following tracks/career paths.
- Threat Intelligence: Learn to use data generated by networks, applications, and other IT infrastructure to assess and improve organizations security posture.
- Cloud Security: Learn and apply basic network security techniques in the cloud environment, assess levels of risk and recent vulnerabilities that apply to cloud services.
- Penetration/Vulnerability Testing: Learn the basics of penetration/vulnerability testing. Using software and command line tools for scanning, reckoning and exploitation.
- Incident Analysis/Response (SOC Analyst Level 1): Covers various incident analysis tools and techniques that support vulnerability analysis , intrusion detection, attack protection, and network/resources repair
- IT Security Audit: This covers the fundamental knowledge of Security auditing. What IT Security Audit is, It’s importance and how it can be conducted.
In order to be eligible for the CyberGirls Fellowship program, applicants must meet the requirements below:
- Open to girls and women aged 18 – 28 years old;
- Interested in starting a career in cybersecurity;
- Willing to commit 7 months to the fellowship;
- Undergraduates and graduates;
- This training is only available to participants in Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, Kenya, Rwanda, Zambia and Egypt.
For participants in Nigeria and Ghana, both virtual and physical learning options are available. For beneficiaries in other listed countries, only virtual learning is available. The training holds on weekdays (Mondays to Fridays) from 10:00 to 14:00 (WAT) with the exception of National Holidays in Nigeria. The Fellowship Program is absolutely free, at zero cost to the beneficiaries.
For more information visit the official website of the CyberGirls Fellowship