Call for Application: Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Program 2022
- Host: KDSG, NFTI, Melinda Gates Foundation
- Open to: Nigerians (Kaduna residents)
- Target: Undergraduates, Postgraduates
- Deadline: 20th May. 2022
The Natview Foundation for Technology Innovation NFTI is delighted to announce applications for the 2022 Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Program.
About the Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Program
The 5-year project with the objective of developing human capital around data science and the use of data to aid decision-making is sponsored by a collaboration between the state government, Melinda Gates Foundation, and NFTI.
The Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Program is aiming to strengthen the coordination in the gathering and use of data in evidence-based decision making. The fellowship with much attention to the health sector is a 6 months program divided into 2 phases:
- Phase 1: 3 months of intensive training in a classroom
- Phase 2: 3 months paid internship that will provide fellows the opportunity to work within the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab under the Kaduna State Bureau of Statistics.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-35 except for exceptional cases.
- Be a resident of Kaduna state
- Be a graduate in any STEM course
- Undergraduates offering Stem courses who are currently undergoing their 6-12 months internship can apply.
- A chance to improve your abilities and advance your career in the world’s most sought-after industry.
- An opportunity to contribute to development planning, public policy, and the use of data for evidence-based decision making in the Health Sector by working with a team of public policy experts and Data Analysts.
- Internship program with industry leaders and stakeholders in the health sector for six months.
- Within the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab, model data using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning techniques.
- Create a long-term network within the Data Science Ecosystem
- Step 1: The application form must be filled out and submitted
- Step 2: An email with an activation link will be sent to you
- Step 3: Click the link to activate your profile
- Step 4: Create a new password then login into your dashboard
- Step 5: Write an essay with a maximum of 250 words. Why you should be selected for the program, and Upload a valid means of identification (i.e Voters card, National ID Card, Driver’s License, or International Passport) NB: Image type should be .jpg
- Step 6: Confirmation status of your application will be sent
- Step 7: Only successful applicants will be contacted to take a Computer Based Test.
- Step 8: Successful applicants after the test will be contacted to upload a video introducing themselves, stating why they applied and why they should be accepted into the program.
- Step 9: Successful applicants will be contacted to attend a One on One Interview with the Selection Panel.
- Step 10: Be part of the fellowship program as a Pioneer Cohort.
Applicants who wish to apply for the Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Program can click the button below: