The U.S Chamber of Commerce Africa Digital Innovation Competition for African Entrepreneurs 2022
- Host: USAfBC, AmChams across Africa
- Open to: Africans
- Target: Entrepreneurs
- Deadline: 31st May. 2022
Applications for the U.S Chamber of Commerce Africa Digital Innovation Competition 2022 session have commenced.
About the U.S Chamber of Commerce Africa Digital Innovation Competition
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s U.S.-Africa Business Center (USAfBC) in collaboration with AmChams across Africa, is holding its yearly digital entrepreneurship contest for startups in Africa in line with the digital economy summit 2022.
The U.S Chamber of Commerce Africa Digital Innovation Competition aims to help digital SMEs and startups deliver digital, cross-border, interoperable, and cross-domain services and solutions while also attaining digital growth. The competition focuses on:
- Fintech and Cyber solutions: covering data flow solutions, cross-border digital platform solutions, mobile technology, intellectual property management, cyber security, and digital movement of creative art (movies, music, art).
- Sustainability & Supply Chain Solutions: covering smart manufacturing, e-commerce, management of shared economies, improvement to digital supply chain, logistics solutions to e-commerce businesses, and agriculture technology (AgTech).
- Human Development & Social Services Solutions: covering digital health solutions, and e-learning platforms.
Applicants of the U.S Chamber of Commerce Africa Digital Innovation Competition must be:
- An innovator or startup having 51% African ownership
- Must be registered with the appropriate body in the applicant’s country e.g Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- Organizations should be privately owned, no government agency, public administration, political organization, or non-profit organization of any kind is eligible to enter the Africa Digital Entrepreneurship Competition 2022.
- Business must be headquartered in an African country.
- Business must be more than five years and does not belong to a franchise brand or a binding agreement for distribution in another country.
- Businesses must be free of illegal practices and not listed on the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Sanctions List.
- The top three winners of the Digital Innovation Competition will receive monetary prizes and in-kind services.
- For the top three winners of the competition, in-kind services may include laptops, annual subscriptions to digital platforms, coaching, and digital marketing/advertising services. During the Digital Economy Summit on December 7, 2022, the top three winners will also be given a virtual platform to interact with mentors and other participants.
Applicants interested in the U.S Chamber of Commerce Africa Digital Innovation Competition can apply by clicking the button below:
N.B A panel of judges will assess each applicant based on the relevance of the problem being solved, the quality of the innovation/service answer, the business model, its scalability, the market size, and the clarity and persuasiveness of the two-minute video pitch. An external professional reviewer will assess and certify the submission selection and evaluation procedure. The judges will score the applicants based on a set of pre-determined criteria to select the competition winners.
For more information, visit: U.S Chamber of Commerce Africa Digital Innovation Competition