Call for Application: Google Africa Developer Scholarship (GADS) 2022
- Host: Pluralsight, Grow with Google, Andela
- Open to: Africans
- Target: Youths
- Deadline: not specified
The Google Africa Developer Scholarship (GADS) is currently inviting applications for its 2022 academic session from young Africans who are existing or aspiring developers. For the third consecutive year, Grow with Google and Pluralsight have collaborated to offer a program that will help software developers in Africa in three different roles: Associate Android Developer, Associate Cloud Engineer, and Associate Android Developer.
About the Google Africa Developer Scholarship
The program’s goal is to engage with current and aspiring developers in order to help them develop the skills they’ll need to find work in the tech industry after the program ends.
Participants will have free access to a variety of courses, projects, embedded labs (powered by Qwiklabs), and skill assessments, as well as support from the Google Developer community.
The Google Africa Scholarship resources will assist developers in developing the skills required to obtain their Google certification.
The Google Africa Developer Scholarship (GADS) is open to applicants who meet the requirements below:
- Be an existing or aspiring software developer.
- You must be at least 18 years old and a resident of an African country.
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving and leadership abilities.
- Master in-demand Google developer skills with expert-authored Pluralsight content.
- Developing skills in preparation for the Associate Android Developer Certification exam.
- The GADS program and the Google Developer community provide mentorship.
Applicants who wish to apply for the Google Africa Developer Scholarship will have to fill complete the Andela onboarding survey:
- The applicants will then fill out the registration form (available after submitting the onboarding survey). Complete your “Associate Android Developer” Skill IQ by watching any of the Pluralsight Skills content.
- The same procedures apply to Google Cloud applicants (complete an onboarding survey then fill registration form).
For more information visit: Google Africa Developer Scholarship (GADS)