Deadline: January 8, 2023
Applications are open for the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Healthcare Accelerator 2023. The AWS Healthcare Accelerator is a virtual four-week technical, business, and mentorship accelerator that will scale high potential startups focusing on the urgent challenge of healthcare burnout, training, retaining, and deploying the healthcare workforce.
The programme is unique and allows each participating company to determine its own goals and focus. During the programme, companies will benefit from technical and commercial expertise at AWS, which will align with their challenges and objectives.
The accelerator will help startups use cloud technologies from AWS to tackle healthcare’s biggest challenges. Selected startups will work with AWS technical experts to build and grow their cloud-based healthcare solutions.
The program provides participants with:
- More than 50 hours of custom content sessions, healthcare, business and AWS-specific mentoring
- AWS computing credits
- Help from healthcare industry leaders for business models, plans for regulatory pathways, product safety and effectiveness reviews, integrations with electronic health records and other clinical information systems, and preparations for clinical deployment
- Collaboration opportunities with AWS healthcare customers and members of the AWS Partner Network (APN) looking for healthcare solutions
- Access to the AWS, AlchemistX, and Plexal global networks to build connections to meet an eventual goal of gaining pilots and partnerships
- Training Workforce: This includes innovation that makes learning more interesting and customised in areas including Continuous Professional Development and enabling rapid upskilling of digital skills across the workforce.
- Eligible solutions can include leveraging technology such as machine learning for customised learning and rapid assessment, VR/AR simulation training for healthcare, and enablement training for new ways of working.
- Retaining Workforce: This includes innovation focused on reducing individual workloads and burnout by removing friction in day-to-day processes and systems, empowering new ways of working, and support in areas such as wellbeing and flexible working.
- Eligible solutions can include leveraging technology to streamline clinical workflows, automation of repetitive or routine tasks, upskilling existing roles, reducing documentation burden, and outsourcing of basic tasks to AI-enabled solutions.
- Deploying Workforce: This includes technologies that support the move to new ways of working in healthcare within virtual wards, community settings, and home care settings.
- Eligible solutions can include information exchange, remote solutions, and interoperability to safely deploy a mobile workforce at the point of care, as well as patient-empowering collaborative tools that reduce unnecessary and repetitive tasks.
Submit your application to join the AWS Healthcare Accelerator: Global Cohort for Workforce 2023. The application takes approximately 15-20 minutes to complete.
For more information, visit AWS Healthcare Accelerator.