Deadline: January 11, 2023
Applications are open for the Aspire Leaders Programme (ALP) 2023. This fully funded multi-stage, leadership development programme for underserved youth around the world provides access to world-class faculty, a global network of peers, Harvard University coursework, grant and mentorship opportunities.
Candidates for the programme receive a host of leadership, academic, and professional development resources through a tiered application structure that reaches thousands of students globally. Over 16,000 students from 130 countries applied for the Aspire Leaders Programme in 2022. Through a global and intellectual community, participants interact a global community as they grapple with questions of identity, technology, ethics, and structural change.
Through the programme, students will:
- Gain access to fully-funded HarvardX courses and leadership development tools.
- Participate in live seminars with Harvard and world-class faculty.
- Exchange ideas in a virtual classroom with a global community of peers.
Open to students who are from backgrounds of social and financial adversity. All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- 18-26 years old
- Low-income background
- First-generation to attend university (parent(s) and/or primary caregiver(s) did not complete a bachelor’s level degree)
- Enrolled in an undergraduate programme or recently graduated (within three years) OR
- Education impacted by a natural disaster and/or armed conflict (i.e. refugees or displaced persons)
The early action deadline is December 14, 2022. The final deadline is January 11, 2023. Once accepted to the Aspire Leaders Programme, emerging leaders will begin the multi-stage programme, if eligible, in January or February of 2023.