Deadline: November 21, 2022
The Biochemical Society Diversity in Science Grants Scheme 2023 is now open for applications! Help create and support a representative scientific community with the Diversity in Science Grants.
Grants are open to anyone from anywhere in the world who has a project that will support and address issues relating to inclusion and diversity in science. You do not need to be a member of the Society to apply and you don’t need to be based in the UK; these grants are open to applicants from any country. Previous recipients of any of Biochemical Society’s grants are welcome to apply for funding from this scheme.
- The Biochemical Society Diversity in Science Grants scheme provides grants of up to £500 to individuals, groups, charities or not-for profit organizations. At its discretion, the Society may award up to £1,000 for individual projects.
Open to individuals, groups and charities from any country and irrespective of Society membership status.
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- An understanding of issues and challenges pertaining to diversity in science.
- An awareness of channels and networks which address diversity in science, through which any achievements arising from the grant may be disseminated.
- Originality and relevance of the proposed approach in addressing issues and challenges relating to diversity in science.
- How you will evaluate the potential impact.
- Proven research capability and experience, if the grant is to be used to fund a research project.
- Evidence of additional/future funding to ensure project sustainability if catalytic funding is being sought.
Applications will close on November 21, 2022. The reviewers will take into account the originality and relevance of the project, as well as evidence of the potential impact.
For more information, visit Diversity in Science Grants.