The Government of Mauritius is pleased to announce the commencement of its Mauritius Scholarship Scheme for 2024–25. Available to qualifying students from African Union or African Commonwealth nations, this yearly program provides comprehensive funding for those seeking undergraduate, Masters, or PhD studies at esteemed universities in Mauritius.
|Host: Government of Mauritius
Open to: Africans
Target: Undergraduates, Graduates
Deadline: April 19, 2024
The application procedure is streamlined and exclusively managed through your home country’s Nominating Agency, usually affiliated with the Ministry of Education. This agency assumes a crucial role in overseeing the entire application process, from thorough collection and processing to the pivotal endorsement and shortlisting of deserving candidates.
Eligibility Criteria: Mauritius Scholarship Scheme
- Be a citizen of a member state of the African Union or the African Commonwealth countries.
- Undergraduate applicants should be above 18 years of age and not have reached their 26th birthday by January 1, 2025.
- MPhil/PhD program applicants should be under 40 years old by January 1, 2025.
Other requirements include:
- For the PhD program: A first-class undergraduate degree or an MPhil, meeting the awarding body’s requirements.
- For the MPhil/PhD program: a recognized undergraduate degree with at least an upper second-class degree and preferably a master’s degree, meeting the higher education institution’s requirements.
Diploma Program Requirements:
- Minimum five credits at the School Certificate (S.C.), G.C.E. ‘O’ Level, or IGCSE, including a credit in English Language or evidence of English Language proficiency.
- Five ‘O’ Level passes by an approved examination body equivalent to the above, including a pass in the English language or evidence of proficiency.
Undergraduate Degree Programme Requirements:
- Minimum 21 points at GCE or HSC A-Level or an overall average of 60% or an equivalent qualification.
- Completed Application Form: Fill out the official Mauritius scholarship application form provided by the Nominating Agency.
- Citizenship and Age Verification:
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate.
- Certified copy of the bio-data page of the passport (if available).
- Educational Credentials:
- Certified copies of educational certificates.
- Certified copies of transcripts.
- Program Admission Proof: Provide a copy of a letter of conditional offer from a Mauritian public higher education institution or an acknowledgment notice of application with paid fees.
- Medical Certificate: Submit a duly filled-out and signed medical certificate by a registered medical practitioner.
- Study/Research Plan: For masters and doctoral candidates, include a detailed study/research plan.
- Supervisor’s Statement: PhD candidates need a supporting statement from a named supervisor at a university in Mauritius.
- National Endorsement Form: Complete the National Endorsement Form, available for download.
The Mauritius Scholarship Scheme offers successful applicants the following benefits:
- Complete Tuition Coverage: The scholarship comprehensively covers all tuition fees for the entire duration of the selected program, ensuring a stress-free academic journey.
- Living Allowance: Recipients are granted a stipend to offset living expenses, offering financial support for accommodation, meals, and other day-to-day needs.
- Travel Allowance: Scholars may be eligible for a travel allowance, facilitating their journey to and from Mauritius at the commencement and conclusion of their academic pursuits.
- Cultural Exposure: Beyond financial advantages, scholars are exposed to the diverse culture of Mauritius, fostering a global perspective and enhancing their overall educational experience.
- Networking Opportunities: Scholars become integral members of a dynamic academic community, providing avenues for networking, collaboration, and potential future partnerships.
- Global Recognition: Graduates of the Mauritius Government Scholarship program attain a qualification from a reputable institution, elevating their global employability and career prospects.
- Check if you qualify based on citizenship, age, and education.
- Choose a program (diploma, degree, MPhil, or PhD) and a public higher education institution (HEI) in Mauritius for the academic year starting in 2024.
- Gather the necessary documents, including the completed application form and certified copies of educational certificates.
- Submit the documents to the nominating agency in your home country, typically associated with the Ministry of Education.
- Complete the National Endorsement Form and submit it along with your application.
- Provide proof of application for a full-time on-campus program at a public HEI in Mauritius for 2024.
- Include a duly filled-out and signed medical certificate by a registered medical practitioner.
- If applying for a PhD, obtain a supporting statement from a named supervisor at a university in Mauritius.
- Confirm submission with the nominating agency and inquire about acknowledgment.
- Await the announcement of successful candidates from the Mauritius Government Scholarship Program. Follow these steps meticulously for a successful application for academic advancement in Mauritius
Interested applicants can click here to apply
For more information, visit the Government of Mauritius Scholarship Scheme