Applications for the CMU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme 2024 are now open. Carnegie Mellon University Africa (CMU-Africa) and the Mastercard Foundation have partnered to support students whose talent and promise exceed their financial resources.
|Host: Carnegie Mellon University Africa/Mastercard Foundation|
Open to: Nigerians
Deadline: January 15, 2024
About the CMU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme 2024
CMU-Africa is a vital member of a worldwide consortium consisting of 33 Scholars Program collaborators, all dedicated to nurturing Africa’s emerging leaders. After successfully finishing the program, these scholars take charge in their communities, driving positive changes and actively participating in the transformative journey shaping the continent.
To be considered for the CMU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must be in financial need
- Academic talent: Scholars value learning and have the drive to complete their education
- Commitment to giving back: Scholars have demonstrated a commitment to improving their communities
- Potential to lead: Scholars will become role models, mentors, and change-makers
- Applicants must first be admitted to one of CMU-Africa’s degree programs.
- The scholarship covers application preparation support, orientation, tuition and fees, health insurance, travel and basic living expenses, and project and entrepreneurship support. Scholars also have access to a range of resources that support their well-being and academic success.
- Scholars benefit from tailored activities to prepare them for the workplace. Throughout their studies, they participate in professional development activities, including, but not limited to, internships and career fairs, networking opportunities with industry leaders, and one-on-one career coaching that prepares them to pursue their goals upon graduation.
- Leadership development: Scholars develop leadership skills through participation in student clubs, community service, and a variety of programs that equip students to become change-makers.
To apply for the CMU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme, applicants need to follow two essential steps in the application process for CMU-Africa:
For more information, visit the CMU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme