Deadline: January 31, 2023
Applications are open for the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) Media Awards 2023. The Award scheme is conducted every year to recognize and reward journalists who have contributed to regional integration by publishing and producing broadcast stories on the subject.
The objective of the Awards is to promote reporting of COMESA regional integration projects hence raising public awareness, understanding and participation and ownership.
- Print Journalism: Features/articles should consist of a minimum 700 words and maximum 1,500 words published in mainstream newspapers, magazines/ journals and newsletters.
- Radio Journalism: Documentary or discussion programmes of minimum 5 (five) minutes and maximum 10 (ten) minutes duration and not exceeding 15MB;
- Television Journalism: Documentary or discussion programme of minimum 5 (five) minutes and maximum 10 (ten) minutes duration and not exceeding 15MB.
- Online/New Media: Features/articles of a minimum 700 (seven hundred words) and maximum 1,500 (One thousand five hundred) words published in mainstream newspapers (including online editions), magazines and reputable journals.
- The winners will be recognized during the COMESA Heads of State Summit in addition to a monetary award and a certificate.
- Open for published and broadcasted works in the fields of print, radio, television, and online media;
- Only journalists who are COMESA nationals are eligible for the competition.
- The competition is open to individual journalists and not media institutions or organisations;
- All works entered for the competition shall be in one of the COMESA official languages, namely English, French and Arabic.
- The entries shall be works published/broadcast by a recognised media institution between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022 in any of the 21 COMESA Member States.
Entries submitted are those published or broadcasted between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022. All submissions should reach the COMESA Secretariat by January 31, 2023.
Submit your entry in:
For more information, visit COMESA Award.