Eduthopia Poetry Prize is now inviting submissions from writers in Nigeria. Eduthopia is a platform that publishes insightful literary works, call for submissions, research/writing grants and, scholarship opportunities around the world.
The Eduthopia Poetry prize is to celebrate, promote and develop poetry from Nigeria and give many young people a platform to be heard. The swelling call of secession across Nigeria in recent times has dominated the mainstream conversation and has hindered mutualism between ethnicities and regions and thus resulting in massive destruction of people and properties.
On this note, Eduthopia themed its inaugural prize “Diversity: a road to unity” and is calling for poets who can invoke the power of narration and storytelling to enhance peace and unity in these trying times.
• The Eduthopia Poetry prize is opened to Nigerians.
• Entrant must be 15years and above
• Call for submission: 13th August 2021
• Deadline for Submission: 15th September 2021
• Awarding of Prize: 5th November, 2021
1. Only poems written in English are accepted. Poems written in other languages should be translated into English.
2. Each entrant must submit one poem to be eligible.
3. The poems must be the original work of the author and previously unpublished. If a submission is found to have broken this rule, it will be automatically void.
4. Poem must be focused on the theme Diversity: a road to unity.
5. Entries must not exceed 40 lines
6. Entries should be sent in as an attached document (.doc or pdf format). The submission document must be name of the poet.
7. Entries should include a cover page carrying the Authors name.
8. All entries should be sent to email@example.com
9. The subject of the mail should be Eduthopia Poetry Prize
10. All entrants must ensure to follow us on social media:
Kolapo Blessing Ololade is a poet, public speaker and Volunteer. She serve as Alumni Vice president of Igboya Girls Project, Marketing Director of The Writer's Pen Nigeria. She hails from Ondo state, Akure; but resides in Lagos State. She is a woman of great enthusiastic character. A student of philosophy from the prestigious University of Lagos. She is outspoken, brave and above all, a writer with a distinct conception to reality.
Abubakar Sadiq Mustapha is a poet, community developer and documentary photographer, experienced in using books, photography, and arts in driving social change from girl-child education, gender-based violence to youth participation in politics. He curated the Abubakar Gimba literacy campaign to immortalize the memory, works, and legacies of the late writer and scholar, a program where school students gained experiential exposure in meeting authors, change-makers, works of the late writer, and a library tour. He is the project lead for The Lapai Bookclub's mobile library and school, a project that takes reading and arts to grassroot communities in Northern Nigeria. His work has appeared on Ebedi Review , The Song Is, The Nigeria Review, The Shallow Tale Magazine, Libretto Magazine, Literandra and elsewhere. He is a fellow of the Bada Murya fellowship.
Abdulbasit Abubakar Adamu who is popularly known as AB Wordsmith is a writer, storyteller and journalist living in Kaduna, Nigeria. He is a graduate of Mass Communication from the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. Abdulbasit is passionate about culture, love and writing for positive change. His works have appeared on Rizal Journal, Guinevere Review, Praxis Magazine, Poets in Nigeria, Words Rhymes & Rhythms and other publications in anthologies worldwide. He has been a guest at the Ahmadu Bello University Festival (ABUFest) and has been listed as Yasmin Elrufai's Guest Artist for January 2019. He has also been nominated for several awards nationwide.
Abbas Suleiman popularly known as Elder. A spoken word artist, stage performer, Artivist and Enterprenuer. A lover of nature and Arts, and has work with different NGOs and Organization to bring social change in different community in Nigeria. He is the president Absolute Poetry Nigeria and convener of University of Abuja Spelling Bee and a member Abuja Literary Society. A finalist in Abuja Poetry Slam and have performed in different stages both in and outside Abuja. He has also organized and co host different poetry master class with different organizations both online and physical. His works has been published with different magazines like Upward Magazine India and so on. In view B.A English University of Abuja Nigeria.
© copyright Eduthopia Poetry Prize 2021