Deadline: March 24, 2023
Applications are open for the Government of Ireland – International Education Scholarships 2023. Under the initiative 60 scholarships will be provided for one year study at Masters or PhD levels to successful candidates who have an offer of a place at an eligible Irish higher education institution.
The aim of the 2023 GOI-IES scheme is to reflect Ireland’s engagement in target partner countries. The scheme is operated in the higher education sector and funded in partnership between the Government of Ireland and the higher education institutions (HEIs). Scholarships are branded as prestigious awards reflecting the core messages about Ireland as a centre of international education, research and innovation. It is expected that for every scholarship awardee, awareness of Ireland among many more potential students as a location of excellence in international will rise.
Students who are successful will receive:
- A €10,000 stipend for one year’s study;
- A full fee waiver of all tuition and other registration costs at the higher education institution.
- Open to students from non-EU/EEA countries and is applicable to all fields of study.
- Have a domiciliary of origin outside of the EU/EEA/Switzerland or United Kingdom
- Have received an offer of a place in a full-time course at an eligible Irish higher education institution for either:
- One year of a taught masters degree programme
- One year of a research programme (i.e. one year of a 2-year research masters or a 3-4-year PhD programme)
Candidates must demonstrate:
- A record of outstanding academic achievement;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Participation in extra curriculum activities. For example: humanitarian work; politics either local, national or international; arts; sports;
- A strong rationale for pursuing their study in Ireland that indicates how a GOI-IES aligns with their longer-term goals.
The deadline for the submission of applications is at 5pm (Irish Time) on March 24, 2023.