Deadline: March 31, 2023
Applications for the ICGEB Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowships 2023 are now open. The International Centre for Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology (ICGEB) offers postgraduate studies with the aim of obtaining the “Doctor Philosophiae” (PhD) degree in the life sciences.
Thanks to specific agreements, the title can be awarded through a number of academic institutions of international standing, which include The Open University (UK) and the International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA) in Trieste, Italy, the Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi and the University of Cape Town in South Africa.
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 1,300, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,020, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 14,000.
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- University tuition fee is covered for the entire PhD registration period.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State. Nationals of India and South Africa, ICGEB Host Countries, are not eligible to apply for ICGEB Fellowships in their home country.
- Applicants for ICGEB Trieste should hold a BSc (Honours) degree; applicants for ICGEB Cape Town and New Delhi should hold a MSc degree.
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge certificate or equivalent). Not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
- Candidates for Trieste, Italy must be below the age of 32 years at the time of application. There is no age limit for applications for ICGEB New Delhi and Cape Town.
Applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.
Note that the written statement from the ICGEB Group Leader you have contacted and who is willing to support your project is mandatory to apply.
Applicants will be requested to upload the following documents (pdf files):
- Your full CV
- Academic records (diploma certificates and transcripts giving detailed information on all courses/final examinations completed, credit value or hours per course and grades received. Note that all academic documents must be issued by the degree-granting University and bear the official seals and signatures and should be submitted in the original language accompanied by an official English translation of each document.
- Written Statement from the ICGEB Group Leader
- A valid identification document (passport or identity card). Recommended passport validity should be 12 months at least.
- English Certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge or similar). This document is mandatory for Trieste and is not requested when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
For more information, visit Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowships.