Deadline: March 1, 2023
Applications are open for the International Children’s Peace Prize 2023. The International Children’s Peace Prize is awarded annually to a child who fights courageously for children’s rights.
All winners have shown a remarkable commitment to combating problems millions of children face worldwide. The motivation behind the prize is to provide a platform for children to express their ideas and personal involvement in children’s rights. KidsRights feels that children should be recognized, awarded and motivated in their fierce efforts to improve their own situation and that of the children in their environment and even the world.
The prize was launched by KidsRights during the 2005 World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates at the Capitol in Rome, chaired by Mikhail Gorbachev. Since then, the prize has been presented every year by a Nobel Peace Laureate. The International Children’s Peace Prize is an initiative of Marc Dullaert, Chairman and Founder of the KidsRights Foundation.
- The winner receives the statuette ‘Nkosi’, which shows how a child sets the world in motion. This statuette designed by Inge Ikink and is named after our very first winner, Nkosi Johnson.
- The winner also receives a study and care grant and a worldwide platform to promote his or her ideals and causes to the benefit of children’s rights.
- Furthermore, a project fund of €100,000 is invested by KidsRights in projects that are closely connected to the winners’ area of work in the country of the winner.
- Nominee must be a child above 12 years and under 18 years of age; (the child should not be older than 17 years by the time of the nomination deadline)
- Be from anywhere around the world;
- The child must have a clear history of standing up and fighting for the rights of him/herself and other children. It is important that the child has an active approach in accomplishing this goal, which has led to a concrete result;
- Ability to travel abroad and feeling comfortable communicating with other people;
- The child agrees to being nominated for the International Children’s Peace Prize.
You can nominate a child by filling in the nomination form.