Deadline: February 18, 2023
Applications for the Iraq Leadership Fellows Programme 2023 are now open. The Iraq Leadership Fellows programme helps Iraq’s next generation of leaders develop the skills they need to build sustainable and transformative social and political movements.
The Fellowship brings together young activists from around Iraq for three residential training sessions over the course of a year, with each training consisting of three days of intensive learning with professional instructors. The ILF programme has invested in developing a bespoke and world-class curriculum that is targeted at the specific challenges faced by young Iraqis and that has been continually adapted and improved based on the experiences of previous classes. Graduates of the programme will join an illustrious alumni network of former fellows representing the next generation of Iraqi change-makers.
The Fellowship is supported by the Iraq office of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS), and DT Institute and is hosted at the American University of Iraq, Sulaimani.
- Tuition costs, accommodation, and travel are all covered by the Fellowship.
Candidates applying to the ILF programme should:
- Be Iraqi citizens and residents of Iraq.
- Be between the ages of 25 and 35.
- Have 2+ years of experience in either social activism or political campaigning/activities.
- Have exceptional academic, professional, or personal achievements.
- Be vaccinated (two doses minimum) against Covid-19.
- Be committed to attending all three residential training sessions, to reading all preparatory materials, to engaging in the mentorship sessions in between the trainings, and to pursuing follow-on activities.
- Be fluent in Arabic.
They also expect Fellows to be:
- Dedicated to expanding their roles as political or social leaders, and passionate about peacefully bringing about positive change in Iraq.
- Positive in their attitude, and have demonstrated perseverance and initiative.
- Intellectually curious, tolerant of diverse perspectives, and willing to take risks.
- Committed to upholding democratic values and to exercising personal integrity.
- Mentors with a passion for investing in others, and ready to contribute to and enhance the experience of other fellows.
- Coachable and in search of feedback.
- Humble and able to ask for help.
- Results-oriented, mission-driven, and innovative.
- Service-oriented coalition-builders who can effectively negotiate and manage conflict as a member of a team.
- Capable of listening and communicating effectively in written and spoken word.
- Able to demonstrate leadership potential.
To apply to the Iraq Leadership Fellows Programme 2023, fill and submit the application form before 12:00 midnight Baghdad time on February 18, 2023. If you have any questions about the fellowship or the application process, email [email protected]
For more information, visit ILF Programme.