Deadline: November 14, 2022
Applications are open for the Japanese Award for Most Innovative Development Project (MIDP) 2022. The award programme invites non-profit NGOs and CSOs to submit project proposals supporting (in particular) improved service delivery, and innovative approaches that may be scaled-up through a grant.
The Award targets projects currently at the stage of implementation, and which have a high potential for impact targeting exceptionally marginalized and disadvantaged groups located in developing countries – per the World Bank’s recognition as low and middle income countries.
The Japanese Award for Most Innovative Development Project is a competitive grant programme under the umbrella of the Global Development Awards Competition (GDAC), administered by GDN, funded under the Policy and Human Resources Development Fund (PHRD) trust fund managed by the World Bank, and generously supported by the Ministry of Finance, Government of Japan.
- The winning projects will receive grants worth US$120,000. The two first prize winners will receive a grant of US$ 50,000 each. The second prize will receive a grant of US$ 20,000.
- Additionally, awardees will be paired with a Technical Advisor throughout the entire implementation of the grant.
- Open to non-profit NGOs and civil society organisations to submit applications on projects currently at the stage of implementation.
- Projects must have started its implementation on June 1, 2021 or before to be considered eligible.
- Additionally, NGOs/CSOs applying for the MIDP category must be eligible to receive funds from abroad according to the national legal framework.
- The upper age limit for all applicants is 45 years by the end of 2022. Individuals above 45 years of age as of January 1, 2023 are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants from previous years (except winners) may re-apply, but they must update the application to include new aspects of the project.
Finalists are expected to be available for the Communications Training and the physical event for the presentation of their projects to the jury in March/April. The date will be announced in late 2022.
For more information, visit Japanese Award for MIDP.