Deadline: October 28, 2022
Applications are open for the Liz Hughes Award for Her Farm Radio 2023. This award recognizes excellent radio programmes that serve women listeners.
Winning radio programmes explore and advance gender equality—for example, by sharing women’s experiences and opinions, addressing topics that are important to women, or underlining the role of men in gender equality. The award is given to the station team who make this programme happen, including the manager(s), producer(s), host(s), presenter(s), reporter(s), technician(s), and others.
Winning programmes can deal with any subject! In other words, the programme does not need to focus exclusively on gender equality. For example, you can apply with a programme about health, education, agriculture, or a combination of topics. What’s important is that your program, no matter the topic, serves women!
- In recognition of their excellent work, the winning broadcast team will receive a certificate and a $1,000 CAD prize.
- Any Farm Radio International broadcasting partner in sub-Saharan Africa can apply for the Liz Hughes Award;
- Winning radio programmes explore and advance gender equality—for example, by sharing women’s experiences and opinions, addressing topics that are important to women, or underlining the role of men in gender equality.
To apply, broadcasters or station managers must submit ALL of the following items via email to [email protected] on behalf of their programme team:
- The application form, completed with detailed answers.
- A recording of your programme. (Submit an episode aired in 2022).
- A full transcription of the recorded episode in either English, French, Portuguese, Amharic, or Swahili. The transcription (a written version of your episode, including every word spoken by the host(s) and each guest) ensures that the judges can understand the content and quality of your work.
- A typical program lineup/runsheet in Word or PDF format.
For more information, visit Liz Hughes Award.