Applications for the 2023 MasterCard USIU-Africa Scholars Program are now open. The program will offer full scholarships to young Africans who are first-time applicants for undergraduate degrees. After completing their studies, scholars will be expected to spearhead community change and contribute to significant transformation across the continent, having acquired credentials that are both globally recognized and locally relevant.
|Host: Mastercard Foundation|
Open to: Africans
Deadline: 16th September. 2022
Eligibility Criteria| MasterCard USIU-Africa Scholars Program
- Be 29 years and below at the time of application.
- Meet the Kenya Commission for University Education’s minimum entry grade requirement of C+ or higher or its equivalent. A C+ or B- in the cluster subjects of English, Mathematics, Biology, and Chemistry is the minimum requirement for applicants interested in taking courses at the School of Pharmacy and Health sciences. Candidates from other countries must meet the requirements.
- Must be enthusiastic about one of the 13 undergraduate degree programs that have been approved for the MasterCard USIU-Africa Scholars Program
- School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology, Bachelor of Science in Software
- Engineering and Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS) – Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) –Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Chandaria School of Business (CSB) – Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration, and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology)
- possess a track record of giving back to the community and serving in leadership roles.
- Show evidence of socioeconomic disadvantage
NOTE: The scholarship is intended for African youth who are either Young Women, Refugees/displaced Youth, Persons with Disabilities, or Young Men who possess the following characteristics:
- Academic talent
- Commitment to giving back to their communities
- Leadership potential
The MasterCard USIU-Africa Scholars Program will receive comprehensive support, which will include:
- Tuition and other fees.
- Laptops, books, and other educational materials
- Reasonable lodging and meals.
- Medical coverage.
- Transportation to and from the house.
- Leadership training is available.
- Access to entrepreneurial education.
- Mentorship, psychosocial support, and career counseling are all available.
- Disability requirements will be met in a reasonable manner.
- Interested candidates can download the application form Here or pick the forms from the Admissions Office at the School of Graduate Studies, Research, and Extension, 2nd floor.
- Read through all of the instructions and required information before filling out the application form.
- Submit completed application forms by email as an attachment, ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all the required documents are legible and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your application at Admissions Office, located in the Main Administration building at USIU- Africa, or post your application to Program Director, Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, USIU-Africa, P.O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi
For more info, visit MasterCard USIU-Africa Scholars Program