Arewa Ladies4Tech programme is an intervention of Data Science Nigeria/DSNai, also known as the Data Scientists Network, with the support of Google.org. This groundbreaking initiative marks the first-ever specialized capacity development effort designed to empower 5,000 women and girls in Northern Nigeria. The program aims to equip them with top-tier skills in artificial intelligence, data science, and related digital technologies.
|Host: DSN and Google
Open to: Nigerians
Deadline: Not specified
This training will prepare them to enter the workforce as skilled professionals, adept researchers, and innovative AI entrepreneurs. These empowered individuals will have the expertise to establish data-driven and AI-powered businesses, fostering job creation and promoting prosperity for the entire community.
The program is broadly defined under four key highlights, which are defined below.
- Dedicated female-oriented learning hubs and workspaces
- Learning content that supports hands-on skill development.
- Simple, accessible, easy-to-understand, and localized learning for everyone
- Professional networking opportunities for women and holiday learning opportunities for girls
The DSN Arewa Ladies4Tech programme aims to:
- clear understanding of the intricacies of AI, Data Science, and Digital technology
- Empowerment of women with skills to extract valuable insights from data and develop Machine Learning models.
- Nurturing pipeline of skilled female tech professionals in the Northern Nigeria region.
- Networking for women seeking entrepreneurial and professional opportunities.
- Unlimited access to simple, accessible, easy-to-understand, and localized learning for everyone.
Benefits The DSN Arewa Ladies4Tech programme
- Dedicated Female-oriented Learning Hubs and Workspace: They’ve established four female-oriented hubs, strategically located for ease of access across the three senatorial districts of Kaduna State, namely – Kaduna, Zaria, and Kafanchan.
- Learning contents that support hands-on skill development: We understand the importance of practical skills; hence, their uniquely structured learning curriculum ensures that you’re not just learning theory but are equipped to hit the ground running.
- Simple, accessible, easy-to-understand, and localized learning for everyone: AI, data science, and digital technology can be hard to understand. They simplified concepts into easy-to-learn and localized videos for beginners in English and Hausa.
- Professional networking opportunities for women and holiday learning opportunities for girls: Our commitment extends beyond education. We host networking sessions for women in the digital industry to connect, share experiences, and grow careers.
Interested applicants can apply here.
For more information, visit the Arewa Ladies4Tech programme