Deadline: December 15, 2022
Applications are open for the UN DESA Italian Junior Professional Officer Programme 2022/2023. The Italian Junior Professional Officers Programme – also known as the JPO Programme – is a multilateral development cooperation initiative sponsored by the Government of Italy and implemented by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN/DESA).
It enables qualified Italian nationals holding an advanced university degree (Master’s level) who have an excellent knowledge of English and Italian and who are not more than 30 years of age (31 or 33 for graduates in medicine and surgery) to gain work experience with international organizations for a period of two years, with the possibility of a further one-year extension.
The purpose of the Programme is two-fold: on the one hand, it assists international organizations in carrying out their activities by providing them with skilled personnel; on the other, it allows qualified young professionals seeking an international career to make a relevant experience that could broaden their chances of recruitment in international organizations or in the international field.
Candidates must meet all the following requirements to be considered eligible for the 2022/2023 edition:
- born on or after 1 January 1992 (1 January 1991 for graduates in Medicine; 1 January 1989 for graduates in Medicine who have already been awarded a post-graduate medical specialization degree)
- Italian nationality
- Fluency in English and Italian
- Advanced university degree awarded before the application deadline, such as:
- Laurea Magistrale/Specialistica
- Laurea Magistrale a ciclo unico
- Laurea/Laurea Triennale plus university Master’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree plus university Master’s degree.
For the 2022/2023 edition, a limited number of positions will be assigned to candidates from developing countries (Least Developed Countries and priority countries for the Italian Development Cooperation).
Given the highly competitive nature of the Italian JPO Programme, as well as the increasingly demanding skillsets and level of experience sought by International Organizations, the following qualifications are considered important elements during the evaluation phase:
- Knowledge of other UN official languages/languages spoken in developing countries
- Additional academic qualifications and/or training courses
- Solid professional work experience
- Key competencies such as client orientation, teamwork, communication, accountability, planning and organizing
The deadline for submitting applications to the 2022/2023 round of the Italian JPO Programme is December 15, 2022 at 3 p.m. (Italy local time).
For more information, visit UN DESA.