Deadline: November 10, 2022
Applications are open for the UNESCO MGIEP Youth Waging Peace (YWP) Ambassadors Programme 2023. On the occasion of its 10 year anniversary, UNESCO MGIEP is launching the Youth Waging Peace Ambassadors Programme.
The Programme is aimed at youth in the age group of 18-35, who believe in peace and work actively to achieve it. They could be professionals or students looking to contribute to their communities through a capacity-building activity, implementing initiatives for youth empowerment through social emotional framework.
This Programme aims to empower young people, and those who work with young people to do self reflection, establish dialogue and pro-social behavior, as well as to contribute to community resilience with a view to create champions, facilitators and organisers who can promote, implement and adapt the course in their own communities and contexts.
- Some full or partial scholarships (flights, accommodation & meals plus mentorship sessions) are available to those who are selected.
- As YWP Ambassador, you will receive capacity building, facilitation, and assistance to develop your knowledge, skills and competencies to implement Social Emotional Learning for Youth Waging Peace in your immediate community(ies).
- Open to young people who are India-based and Indian nationals;
- You could be a student, a peace activist, a volunteer at an NGO, an academic, or a corporate employee, between 18-35 years or more.
All applications will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Relevance: will the intervention plan do the right things?
- Coherence: how well will the intervention plan fit?
- Effectiveness: will the intervention plan achieve the SEL4YWP objectives?
- Efficiency: how well will the resources be used?
- Impact: what difference will the intervention plan make?
- Sustainability: will the benefits last?
For more information, visit UNESCO MGIEP.