Deadline: November 7, 2022
Applications are open for the United Nations Regional Course in International Law for Africa 2023. The Course is organized by the Codification Division of the United Nations Office of Legal Affairs in cooperation with the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, the African Union, and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA).
Subject to developments related to COVID-19, the Regional Course is scheduled to be held in person at the facilities of the ECA in Addis Ababa, from February 20 to March 14 2023 and will be conducted in English. The course will accommodate up to 30 participants, including a limited number of spaces for self-funded participants.
- For those participants receiving a fellowship, the fellowship will cover travel, accommodation, meals, medical insurance, and training materials. Fellowship recipients will also receive a modest stipend to cover other living expenses in accordance with the policies and procedures governing the administration of United Nations fellowships.
- There will also be a limited number of spaces for self-funded participants. With the exception of training materials, self-funded participants bear all costs associated with their participation in the Regional Course (e.g. travel, medical insurance, accommodation and living expenses).
- Candidates must have a legal background with professional experience in the field of international law.
- Candidates must also be fluent in the language in which the Course is offered (English in 2023).
- The selected candidates are required to certify that they are able to attend the course in its entirety. The Regional Course accommodates up to 30 participants.
- Open to candidates from Member States of the United Nations which are also members of the African Group.
When selecting participants for the Regional Courses, due consideration is given to the following:
- Candidates’ qualifications
- Scope of their professional duties
- Relevance of the training to their professional duties
- Gender balance. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Two versions of the application form must be submitted:
- One scanned copy of the signed original (for example in PDF or JPG)
- One electronic MS Word version (or equivalent) of the application
Complete applications should be sent by email to [email protected]
For more information, visit United Nations Regional Course.