Applications for the USIU-Africa Mastercard Scholars Program 2024 are now open. The program is a fully financed scholarship program that is intended for eligible Africans who wish to enroll at USIU-Africa to pursue undergraduate degrees.
|Host: United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) and MasterCard Foundation
Open to: Africans
Deadline: November 24, 2023
About the USIU-Africa Mastercard Scholars Program 2024/25
The USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program will offer complete scholarships to young Africans who are first-time candidates for undergraduate degrees. By the time they finish their studies, scholars will have acquired credentials that are both globally and locally recognized, enabling them to drive change in their local communities and contribute to significant reform across the continent.
The scholarship targets African youth who are either young women, refugees or displaced youth, persons with disabilities, or Young Men with the following qualities:
- Academic talent
- Commitment to giving back to their communities
- Leadership potential
Priority shall be given to registered Refugees/Displaced youth and Persons with Disability.
Eligibility Criteria: USIU-Africa Mastercard Scholars Program
The USIU-Africa Mastercard Scholars Program is open to applicants who meet the requirements below:
- Applicants must be 29 years and below at the time of application.
- Meet the minimum university entry grade of a C+ and above or its equivalent as set by the Kenya Commission for University Education. Applicants interested in courses in the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences must have a mean grade of B- or its equivalent and at least a C+ or B- in the cluster subjects of English, Mathematics, Biology, and Chemistry. International applicants must meet the equivalent.
- Must be interested in any of the approved 13 undergraduate degree programs for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa as follows:
- School of Science and Technology (SST): Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology, Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering and Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS): Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Chandaria School of Business (CSB): Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Have a proven record of leadership involvement and community give-back engagement.
- Demonstrate socio-economic disadvantage.
- Download the application forms from Here or pick the forms from the Admissions Office, located in the Main Administration building at USIU-Africa at no cost.
- Submit completed application forms by email as an attachment, ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all the required documents are legible, and send to [email protected] or drop your application at the Admissions Office, located in the Main Administration building at USIU- Africa, or post your application to:
Program Director, Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, USIU-Africa, P.O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi
For more information, visit USIU-Africa Mastercard Scholars Program