Deadline: January 15, 2023
Applications for the World Journalist Fellowship 2023 are now open. This Fellowship provides support to international journalists who enroll in one of the graduate programmes in journalism at the NYU’s Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute.
All of their programmes are 3 semesters, except for Global and Joint Programme Studies and Literary Reportage, which is 4 semesters:
- Business and Economic Reporting
- Cultural Reporting and Criticism
- Global and Joint Program Studies
- Literary Reportage
- Magazine and Digital Storytelling
- News and Documentary
- Reporting the Nation and New York
- Science, Health and Environmental Reporting
- Studio 20: Digital First
- The 2023 Fellowship covers tuition expenses and registration fees for two of the three or four semesters of the programme.
- The fellow will also receive a stipend of approximately $16,000 for each of the two semesters of the fellowship.
- hold a non-U.S. passport;
- be fluent in English and at least one additional language;
- currently be an independent journalist or a journalist working for an independent news organization (corporate or institutional communications does not qualify);
- have a minimum of two years’ experience at a print or electronic journalism publication by the start of the first day of the programme. A combination of freelance journalism assignments equal to at least two years of full-time work will be considered. Internships and work for student publications do not count toward the two-year requirement. Public Relations and corporate communications experience do not qualify;
- possess a four-year undergraduate degree or a three-year undergraduate degree plus one year of graduate work;
- complete applications for both the fellowship and for admission to the M.A. programme in Journalism.
All applications must be received by January 15, 2023. The fellowship recipient will be announced in late spring 2023, after they have been admitted and accepted New York University’s offer of graduate admission.
For more information, visit World Journalist Fellowship.