Deadline: March 1, 2023
Applications are open for the Alpine Fellowship Theatre Prize 2023. The prize is awarded for the best playwriting response theme of the Alpine Fellowship 2023 – Flourishing.
The winner of the Theatre Prize will receive a cash prize to support the writing of their proposed play, and the runners up will receive travel expense support that must be used to attend the 2023 symposium which will be held from August 10-13, 2023 in Fjällnäs, Sweden.
- First place: £3,000 cash grant
- Second place and third place: £1,000 travel expense
- Travel expenses can be used for economy travel costs only and are not exchangeable for cash, any leftover travel budget will not be redeemed as cash.
- Travel expenses can be used for transport only and cannot be used towards accommodation outside of the dates of the symposium.
- Open to all nationalities.
- Applicants must be aged 18 or above at the time of entry.
- All entries must be written in English.
- Applicants can only enter one of the prizes.
- Limited to one entry per person.
To apply you will be asked to submit the following:
- A 1-2 page synopsis of your proposed play, including how it will respond to the theme.
- A sample of previous work of at least 10 pages, so that they can get a sense of your voice, style and tone.
For more information, visit Alpine Fellowship Theatre Prize.