ACU Commonwealth Climate Resilience Challenge Grants are given to member universities to assist climate resilience activities.
The awards, which are open to academic and professional staff, cover the costs of organizing projects that advance either of the Commonwealth Climate Resilience Network’s (CCRN) two key strategic priorities:
- Enhancing the climate resilience of universities themselves
- Enhancing Universities’ contribution to the resilience of communities, businesses and government
Open to: Africans
Target: staff member at an ACU member university.
Deadline: January 25, 2024
Eligibility Criteria: ACU Commonwealth Climate Resilience Challenge Grants
Be a staff member at an ACU member university.
The grants can be used for a diverse range of projects, workshops, and events in one of the following project focus areas:
- Improving climate change adaptation learning, teaching, and training—for example, virtual exchange or collaboration, teaching or professional practice collaboration and sharing, and co-development of learning materials
- Increasing CCRN members’ research ability in climate change adaptation—for example, through virtual fellowships or collaboration, comparative analyses, research management and uptake capacity building, and understanding and documenting indigenous knowledge and resilience methods.
- Improving Commonwealth universities’ institutional resilience policies and practices, such as establishing tools, training, and methodologies to enhance contingency and continuity of operations planning at higher educational institutions
Until now, the Commonwealth Climate Resilience Grants have supported a varied array of climate action initiatives in universities throughout the Commonwealth. These projects encompass activities like monitoring sea temperatures in the coral reefs of Fiji and integrating indigenous knowledge on climate change adaptation with academia in New Zealand.
Interested applicants can apply here
- Applicants are encouraged to collaborate with other ACU member institutions to promote further Commonwealth partnerships.
- Applications led by ACU members but in collaboration with other institutions outside of our network will be considered as well.
- Grant applications that allow for matching or additional cash from the applicant’s institution will be prioritized.
- Apply using the online application form.
- If you already have a MyACU account, you can access the grant application form here.
- If you do not already have a MyACU account, please ensure that you first register for an account here and then follow the instructions in the registration email to log in to the system before accessing the application form.
For more information, visit the Commonwealth Climate Resilience Challenge Grants