Deadline: November 18, 2022
Applications are open for the CIFOR-ICRAF Photo Competition 2022. The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) invite you to celebrate the role of forests and trees in protecting our planet’s biodiversity through stunning photographs.
Whether you’re a professional photographer, photo-enthusiast, content creator, or simply a nature-lover, get your gears ready and show the world how beautiful and captivating our planet’s biodiversity is, inspiring action to protect its richness through the power of photography.
They are looking for photos that highlight the role of forests and trees in ensuring a thriving environment. These can include photos of trees in forests, trees on farms, trees in landscapes and trees and people or any subject that depicts why trees matter to all forms of life on Earth.
Submit your entries for a chance to win up to USD $500 and be featured in CIFOR-ICRAF’s digital platforms.
- 1st prize: USD $500
- 2nd prize: USD $400
- Popular Vote: USD $300
- Open to anyone aged 18 or above; feel free to use any photography equipment you are most comfortable with.
- Entries must be original. Entries that have been duplicated or plagiarized will automatically be disqualified.
- Entries must not include a watermark, signature, or caption.
- Entries that have previously won other photography competitions will automatically be disqualified.
All entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges selected by CIFOR-ICRAF team, who will select at least 30 photos from all eligible submissions received during the competition period. Finalists will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Creativity (30%)
- Photographic quality (30%)
- Composition (30%)
- Execution of theme (10%)
- You may submit multiple entries with maximum 3 photos; however, you can only have one ultimate entry in the final round.
- The uploaded file must include the photo’s title, name, email address, social media handles (if applicable), and a caption stating the following: the subject and location, and a short description of the story behind the picture.
For more information, visit CIFOR-ICRAF Photo Competition.