Deadline: February 7, 2023
Applications are open for the Contemporary African Photography (CAP) Prize 2023. The CAP Prize is the international Prize for Contemporary African Photography awarded annually since 2012 to five photographers whose works were created on the African continent or which engage with an African diaspora.
Prepare your work that engages with the African continent or its diaspora now and win a series of large scale outdoor exhibitions around the globe. A panel of international curators, publishers, editors and artists will review your work. 25 artists will be shortlisted and five short listed artists awarded with the CAP Prize 2023. The winners will be announced at Photo Basel International Art Fair in June 2023. It is free to enter.
- The competition is open to everyone of all levels and of any age or descent.
- You are expected to submit coherent series of work. Single images are NOT permitted
- Projects eligible for the CAP Prize must contain between 10 and 25 images.
- You can enter as many projects as you like.
- Photographs must have been taken in an African country or deal with a diaspora of an African country.
- Upload your images in jpeg format.
- Your images must be in sRGB format and 100% quality.
- The minimum size of your images should be 2,500 pixels on the longer side.
- Square images should be greater than 2,500 pixels on both sides.
- The file size of each image should not exceed 5 MB.
For more information, visit CAP Prize.