The Deakin University HDR Scholarship for 2023-2024, which encompasses the Research Training Program Scholarship (RTP) and Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (DUPR), is currently available for prospective students worldwide. This scholarship opportunity is open to both domestic and international students who intend to pursue a research master’s or doctoral degree program in Australia.
|Host: Deakin University|
Open to: Domestic and International Students
Deadline: Not specified
The RTP scholarship, which covers both relocation allowance, research fees, and tuition, is funded by the Australian Government, while the DUPR scholarship is funded by Deakin University. Both awards are available to domestic and international students.
Eligibility Criteria: Deakin University HDR Scholarship
- Applicants for the Deakin University HDR Scholarship must be a domestic or international student enrolled in an HDR course of study at Deakin University
- The applicant must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees
- Applicants must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 percent of that student’s RTP or DUPRS stipend rate. Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
- Please refer to the research degree entry pathways page for information on admission requirements to an HDR course at Deakin University.
- The terms and conditions for each scholarship are detailed in the Further Information section below. For information about the RTP Scholarship Policy, please refer to the Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Scholarships Procedure.
- An annual tax-exempt stipend of $33,500 (applicable from May 28, 2023)
- A relocation allowance ranging from $500 to $1,500, depending on the student’s situation (awarded to individuals or families), is available for those relocating from interstate or overseas to study at Deakin.
- International students will also receive a Single Overseas Student Health Cover policy throughout the duration of their student visa.
- Doctoral Degree Duration: 3 years for stipend and 4 years for the tuition fees offset
- Research Master Degree Duration: 2 years for stipend and 2 years for the tuition fees offset
For Prospective students, the application process at Deakin differs depending on which Faculty or Institute you wish to study in. Applicants must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) before commencing the application process. The faculty or institute will then advise if you should submit a formal application via the applicant portal.
Please complete this form if you are a currently enrolled HDR student at Deakin University and would like to apply for the Research Training Program Scholarship (RTP) and Deakin University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (DUPR).
For more information, visit the Deakin University HDR Scholarship